Do you love a good game of golf? Golfing is a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the outdoors. It is also a great way to improve strength, flexibility, and range of motion in your trunk and hips. However, golf can also lead to some undesirable injuries if you are not careful.
If you’ve found yourself in pain or discomfort due to your golf game, don’t hesitate to contact Elite Physical Therapy & Sports Performance today! We’ll help you receive the relief you need so you can get back to playing the sport you love!
What are some common types of golf injuries?
At Elite Physical Therapy & Sports Performance, we can help you find relief for any injury you may be experiencing. Some common types of sports injuries include:
- Golfer’s elbow. This condition is used to describe an overuse golf injury that causes muscle inflammation inside the elbow. This injury runs from the bony point of your elbow and can stretch down your forearm, making it difficult to extend or lift your arm. Golfer’s elbow can make it difficult to perform your sport, especially with swinging motions.
- Flexor tendinitis. This is an overuse injury that causes swelling in the tendons that control your hand movement, making it difficult to bend your fingers and move your hand or elbow. Flexor tendinitis is typically associated with golf, as it is a sport that requires constant swinging.
- Rotator cuff tear. Rotator cuff tears can occur from either acute or overuse causes. For example, partaking in repetitive swinging motions, such as those associated with golf, can all result in rotator cuff tears. This occurs when the muscles or tendons that surround the shoulder joint become damaged or torn.
What can I do to help my golf injury?
When a golf injury occurs, it typically develops due to one of the following causes:
- Lack of mobility
- Poor Mechanics
- Inability to separate upper and lower body motions
- Poor kinematic sequencing and motor control
- Strength deficits
- Poor segmental stabilization
- Inadequate stability
- Poor conditioning
- Poor equipment
Our physical therapists can help improve your athletic performance so you can fix your faults and play your best game! They will do this through:
- Video analysis
- Modification to your personal golf goals
- Identifying swing faults
- Identifying your pain scale
- Scoring your golf fitness strengths and weaknesses
- Measuring strength, flexibility, balance, rotation, etc
- Assessing your body’s response to treatments
Find relief for your golf injury today!
Do you want to find relief for your golf injury and better your game? Contact Us Today at Traverse City, MI Center to get started! Elite Physical Therapy & Sports Performance can help you get to your peak level of physical performance so you can play your sport free of pain!